This is the documentation on MR3, a new execution engine for Hadoop and Kubernetes, and its main application, Hive on MR3. Throughout the documentation, we use the following interpretation:
- Hive on MR3 refers to Hive running on top of MR3.
- Hive on MR3 on Hadoop, or Hive on Hadoop for short, refers to Hive on MR3 running in a Hadoop cluster.
- Hive on MR3 on Kubernetes, or Hive on Kubernetes for short, refers to Hive on MR3 running in a Kubernetes cluster.
This documentation is composed of the following parts:
- Quick Start Guide for running Hive on MR3 with minimum effort
- Download and Install for building and installing Hive on MR3
- Hive on Hadoop
- Hive on Kubernetes
- Release Notes
For asking questions on MR3, please visit MR3 Google Group.
To report errors or make suggestions on the documentation,
please send an email to DataMonad (