This chapter shows how to download, build, and install Hive on MR3.
- Visit GitHub/mr3project for source repositories.
- Visit GitHub/mr3project/mr3-release for all releases of MR3.
- Visit DockerHub for pre-built Docker images.
- To build Hive on MR3, start with Downloading MR3.
- To install Hive on MR3 using a pre-built MR3 release, go to Installing on Hadoop or Installing on Kubernetes.
Note that without a commercial use license, Hive on MR3 can allocate up to 512 gibabytes for the aggregate memory of ContainerWorker Pods, so there is a limit on hardware resources that Hive on MR3 can utilize on Kubernetes. On Hadoop, there is no limit on the aggregate memory of ContainerWorker Containers, so Hive on MR3 can run in a cluster of any size. For more information on licensing and support, please visit DataMonad.
For asking questions on MR3, please visit MR3 Google Group.